tag, i'm it! i thought i would tag myself to do the christmas quiz that carron posted on her blog. need some christmasness!
1. Wrapping paper or gift bags?
Wrapping paper. preferably. not that i do a particularly good job of wrapping, but i like the whole process of it. but sometimes a gift bag is in order.
2. Real tree or Artificial?
Real tree. i hate fake tree people.
3. When do you put up the tree?
when i get around to it. which happens to be tonight! better late than never.
4. When do you take the tree down?
after new year's sometime
5. Do you like eggnog?
to be honest, don't think i have ever even tried it!
6. Favorite gift received as a child?
i thought it was really cool when we got a ping pong table. i also really really loved this pink turtleneck with green horizontal stripes from Gap.
7. Hardest person to buy for?
8. Easiest person to buy for?
this year i am going to have to say dan is shaping up to be the easiest person to shop for.
9. Do you have a nativity scene?
10. Mail or email Christmas cards?
Mail. was really bad this year and just didn't do it at all. tsk,tsk.
11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received?
in my mind you can never get a bad gift on christmas
12. Favorite Christmas Movie?
I have always loved White Christmas with bing crosby. and yesterday i watched Elf while wrapping presents and loved it! thats a new tradition. my favorite part is the meeting when the midget runs across the table to get at buddy who keeps calling him an Elf and Buddy is standing there wiggling his fingers, like, "come here, oooh look at you!" super funny.
13. When do you start shopping for Christmas?
I usually start right after thanksgiving. i do a lot of it online.
14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present?
15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas?
i love this broccoli and cheese casserole that the Higgins side of the family makes using cream of mushroom soup. mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.
16. Lights on the tree?
17. Favorite Christmas song?
Sleigh Ride. we played it at the winter concert in high school for four years and i can still remember like every instrument's parts. makes me nostalgic.
18. Travel at Christmas or stay home?
home to hoco.
19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer?
Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, Vixen, Comet, Cupid, Donner, Blitzen and Rudolph!
20. Angel on the tree top or a star?
21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning?
i am not allowed to open anything till christmas morning. mom's rules.
22. Favorite Christmas Tradition?
family. food. fun. dad putting lotto tickets in my stocking
23. Favorite ornament, theme or color?
i am a big fan of red glass stuff. i like that my mom got us ornaments each year growing up that had to do with something we did that year. its cool to look back and remember stuff when i see them. ( altho she stopped putting them up on the tree and that has pissed ian and i off for the past like five years. )
24. Favorite Christmas dinner?
broc casserole, salad, thinkly sliced roast beef
25. What do you want for Christmas this year?
a camera so these posts aren't so damn boring!!!!
merry christmas everybody!